URGENT call for solidarity with victimised activists at Middlesex
May 24, 2010 Leave a comment
Following the example of Sussex, the embattled management of Middlesex University is clamping down on activists protesting against the closure of its internationally-acclaimed Philosophy department. Two students and two members of staff have been suspended on highly punitive terms, with disciplinary procedures to start this Friday. This is a dangerous escalation that cannot go unchallenged.
What you can do
- Send letters of condemnation to the board of governors and the Vice Chancellor Michael Driscoll (firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com), and encourage others – particularly high-profile academics and trade union bodies – to do the same.
- Download and print the Middlesex campaigners’ petition.
- Attend the rally against the suspensions at 4pm on Thursday 27th May (Middlesex Hendon campus)
- Join the picket outside the hearings from 10am on Friday 28th May. Bring union & campaign banners where possible
- Follow the SaveMDXPhil blog for further updates