SUNDAY: Organise for action
December 2, 2010 Leave a comment
The recent student coordination called for general assemblies of resistance this Sunday – hosted, where possible, in the university occupations. These will be open to university, college and school students as well as workers and trade unionists to share ideas and build for the biggest possible action this Thursday when Parliament votes on tuition fees.
We would like to put details of these assemblies on our website. Please email email@example.com if you are involved in organising one.
The Education Activist Network is organising a teach-in this Sunday to bring students and workers together in London.
Education for the People – Not the Market
Sunday 5th December, 12-4pm, Hong Kong Theatre LSE
- George Monbiot – journalist and author
- Laurie Penny – journalist, New Statesman
- John Rose – veteran of 1968 LSE occupation
- Lee Hall – playwright, Billy Elliot
- Jelena Timotijevic, Defend the Right to Protest campaign
- Matt Foot – Socialist lawyer and legal representative
- Barnaby Raine – Westminster School student
- Samir Hinks – Bury College student
- Voices from the university occupations
- Stathis Kouvelakis, KCL lecturer
- Mike Neary, Uni of Lincoln lecturer
- Steve Hedley, RMT London organiser
- More TBC
12noon – 1pm From student struggle to people power
1pm – 1.45pm What kind of education are we fighting for?
2.15pm – 3pm Defending the right to protest
3pm-4pm Where next for the movement?
Saturday: Demonstrate against lying Lib Dems
The Liberal Democrats have cancelled their London Region conference this Saturday due to threat of protest!
Students in Greece show solidarity
Over 1,000 students tried to break through a police cordon to march to the British embassy in Athens, in solidarity with British students who oppose plans to increase tuition fees, and against austerity and education reforms in Greece.