Action points from the EAN Conference
October 31, 2012 Leave a comment
- To build the broadest and biggest possible demonstration on November 21
- To strengthen the links between FE activists and university students in the run-up to November 21 demonstration
- To call lunchtime demonstrations in support of the European General strike on November 14
- To call on NUS to call walkouts when George Osborne announces his autumn budget on December 5.
- To continue publicising global student struggles on the website and in pamphlet form.
- To continue building links with global education struggles such as Quebec, Chile, Italy and Greece through organising speaking tours, video link-ups etc
- To publish briefings on the continued neoliberal transformation of our universities
- To publish agitational materials i.e. stickers/posters and slogans about how neoliberalism is transforming the university
- To continue to work with the Postgraduate Worker Association and develop tools for postgraduate workers in the UCU
- To continue to work closely with the Defend the Right to Protest Campaign and be part of setting up defence campaigns
- To work towward the broadest possible unity between the existing national and local education campaigns such as the Campaign for the Public University, Free Education Network, National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts, local anti-cuts groups and assemblies.
The Education Activist Network will be organising an open organising meeting at SOAS on Wednesday, November 7 at 7pm.